California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed Senate Bill 95, which retroactively extends and expands COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave (CSPSL) through September 30, 2021.
SB 95 requires employers with more than 25 employees to provide additional hours—up to 80 hours of employer-paid CSPSL to covered employees and in-home supportive service providers on a retroactive basis to January 1, 2021—taking effect March 29, 2021.
- The California Labor Commissioner has now issued a model poster
- The posting provisions are effective March 29, 2021.
- The poster must be displayed in a conspicuous location in the workplace, such as in a breakroom or near employee time clocks.
- FAQs regarding the new law
- If employees do not frequent the workplace, employers may distribute the notice by electronic means.
Read more on the Requirements of AB 95.