As business leaders begin reopening efforts, we all need to continue to take the COVID-19 threat seriously and take every precaution to help reduce the risk its spread to both customers and employees.
Per the CDC’s guidance, all businesses should enforce hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and employ the use of face masks and coverings by employees when near other employees and customers. It’s necessary to ensure adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene practices for both employees and customers, including soap, hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (perhaps on every table, if supplies allow), and tissues.
The Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) has identified the following practices as standards to help comply with reopening plans:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers should be placed throughout the business for guests and staff to use.
- Reusable/washable face covers or disposable masks that meet CDC guidelines and disposable gloves should be worn by staff.
- Gloves should be changed out often throughout an employee’s shift.
- Commercial cleaning solutions should be used on all hard surfaces throughout the day, including entryway door handles, kitchen area, and bathrooms.
- These recommendations can apply to other industries such as manufacturing, service, transportation, and others.
Prudential Overall Supply has been helping businesses of all sizes with their uniform, cleanroom, and facility products and services needs since 1932. Products include wiping towels and mops, microfiber products, entry mats, antibacterial soap, instant hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and other essential products and services.
Now VMA members now get 25% off most products with Prudential Overall Supply, a supplier of personal protection, disinfecting, and cleaning supplies.
Prudential Overall Supply Key Account Manager
949-250-4855 ext 291
VMA Membership Director