1. Covet your time. Time is precious–only 86,400 seconds in a day. Average people waste most of those seconds in unproductive or unrewarding ways. Successful people manage their time efficiently. They are aware of how they spend it and make conscious choices to use it wisely whether to work, relax or regenerate with family.
2. Have a personal mission statement. Look at thought leaders for ideas and inspiration. Here are a couple of examples: I must do the most productive thing possible at every given moment. Here is mine: Inspire people to pursue the awesome growth. Successful people identify what they are about and make their choices accordingly.
3. Spend 5 minutes a day prioritizing. Without prioritization, it’s difficult to be efficient and productive. I suggest taking 5 minutes at the end(or beginning) of every day to sit down, assess and choose the 5 or 6 priorities for tomorrow so you can begin with clarity. Successful people don’t squander effort and energy on unimportant issues.
4. Surround yourself with likeminded people. Wealth, status and accomplishment have their own rewards, but the more success you attain, the lonelier you can become, since others may no longer feel comfortable or relate to your lifestyle. Successful people are careful about who shares their time. They look for people with a similar outlook, who can help them grow emotionally and spiritually
5. Be a follow up specialist. Many people talk a good game and then never deliver. Sometimes the cause is hypocrisy and sometimes it’s simply being sloppy and careless. Successful people do what they say they’ll do, and they pay close attention to detail so small issues don’t get neglected and become major catastrophes.
What have you done for your clients lately?
Always remember that in the final analysis, what truly impresses your clients is your performance. As we’ve said, it helps a sales professional to dress well and drive a luxury car. But over the long haul, everyone in sales needs to stay focused on the question, “What have I done for my clients lately?” Believe me, that’s what the clients are thinking!
LESLIE GROENE is one of the coaching superstars in the world of corporate sales as well as a business development trainer, executive consultant and author. Her background is in the paper and printing industries as a sales rep and sales manager. She helps her clients focus on revenue generation and profit growth. She authored the business strategy book “Picture Yourself & the Life You Want” and is a nationally renowned motivational speaker. To purchase her book or contact her please go to www.GroeneConsulting.com. Here is the link to her website, http://www.groeneconsulting.com/. Now you can follow Leslie on Twitter @leslielgroene